Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) gun muzzle, muzzle (the open circular discharging end of a gun)
- S: (n) muzzle (forward projecting part of the head of certain animals; includes the jaws and nose)
- S: (n) muzzle (a leather or wire restraint that fits over an animal's snout (especially a dog's nose and jaws) and prevents it from eating or biting)
- S: (n) gag, muzzle (restraint put into a person's mouth to prevent speaking or shouting)
- S: (v) muzzle (fit with a muzzle) "muzzle the dog to prevent it from biting strangers"
- S: (v) gag, muzzle (prevent from speaking out) "The press was gagged"
- S: (v) gag, muzzle (tie a gag around someone's mouth in order to silence them) "The burglars gagged the home owner and tied him to a chair"