Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) mutter, muttering, murmur, murmuring, murmuration, mussitation (a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech)
- S: (n) murmur vowel, murmur (a schwa that is incidental to the pronunciation of a consonant)
- S: (n) heart murmur, cardiac murmur, murmur (an abnormal sound of the heart; sometimes a sign of abnormal function of the heart valves)
- S: (n) grumble, grumbling, murmur, murmuring, mutter, muttering (a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone)
- S: (v) murmur (speak softly or indistinctly) "She murmured softly to the baby in her arms"
- S: (v) murmur, mutter, grumble, croak, gnarl (make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath) "she grumbles when she feels overworked"