Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) gesture, motion (the use of movements (especially of the hands) to communicate familiar or prearranged signals)
- S: (n) movement, motion (a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something)
- S: (n) motion, movement, move, motility (a change of position that does not entail a change of location) "the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise"; "movement is a sign of life"; "an impatient move of his hand"; "gastrointestinal motility"
- S: (n) motion (a state of change) "they were in a state of steady motion"
- S: (n) motion, question (a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote) "he made a motion to adjourn"; "she called for the question"
- S: (n) motion, movement, move (the act of changing location from one place to another) "police controlled the motion of the crowd"; "the movement of people from the farms to the cities"; "his move put him directly in my path"
- S: (n) apparent motion, motion, apparent movement, movement (an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object) "the cinema relies on apparent motion"; "the succession of flashing lights gave an illusion of movement"