Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) miss, lose (fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind) "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said"
- S: (v) miss (feel or suffer from the lack of) "He misses his mother"
- S: (v) miss (fail to attend an event or activity) "I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
- S: (v) neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, miss, leave out, overlook, overleap (leave undone or leave out) "How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
- S: (v) miss (fail to reach or get to) "She missed her train"
- S: (v) miss, lack (be without) "This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewelry box!"
- S: (v) miss (fail to reach) "The arrow missed the target"
- S: (v) miss (be absent) "The child had been missing for a week"
- S: (v) miss, escape (fail to experience) "Fortunately, I missed the hurricane"