Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) minute, min (a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour) "he ran a 4 minute mile"
- S: (n) moment, mo, minute, second, bit (an indefinitely short time) "wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
- S: (n) moment, minute, second, instant (a particular point in time) "the moment he arrived the party began"
- S: (n) minute, arcminute, minute of arc (a unit of angular distance equal to a 60th of a degree)
- S: (n) minute (a short note) "the secretary keeps the minutes of the meeting"
- S: (n) hour, minute (distance measured by the time taken to cover it) "we live an hour from the airport"; "its just 10 minutes away"
- S: (adj) infinitesimal, minute (infinitely or immeasurably small) "two minute whiplike threads of protoplasm"; "reduced to a microscopic scale"
- S: (adj) minute, narrow (characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination) "a minute inspection of the grounds"; "a narrow scrutiny"; "an exact and minute report"