Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) mince (food chopped into small bits) "a mince of mushrooms"
- S: (v) mince, soften, moderate (make less severe or harsh) "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
- S: (v) mince (walk daintily) "She minced down the street"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) walk (use one's feet to advance; advance by steps) "Walk, don't run!"; "We walked instead of driving"; "She walks with a slight limp"; "The patient cannot walk yet"; "Walk over to the cabinet"
- S: (v) travel, go, move, locomote (change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically) "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"; "news travelled fast"
- sentence frame
- S: (v) mince (cut into small pieces) "mince the garlic"