Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) meter, metre, m (the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards))
- S: (n) meter (any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity)
- S: (n) meter, metre, measure, beat, cadence ((prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse)
- S: (n) meter, metre, time (rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration)
- S: (v) meter (measure with a meter) "meter the flow of water"
- S: (v) meter (stamp with a meter indicating the postage) "meter the mail"