Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) mechanism, chemical mechanism (the atomic process that occurs during a chemical reaction) "he determined unique mechanisms for the photochemical reactions"
- S: (n) mechanism, mechanics (the technical aspects of doing something) "a mechanism of social control"; "mechanisms of communication"; "the mechanics of prose style"
- S: (n) mechanism (a natural object resembling a machine in structure or function) "the mechanism of the ear"; "the mechanism of infection"
- S: (n) mechanism ((philosophy) the philosophical theory that all phenomena can be explained in terms of physical or biological causes)
- S: (n) mechanism (device consisting of a piece of machinery; has moving parts that perform some function)