Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) mask (a covering to disguise or conceal the face)
- S: (n) mask (activity that tries to conceal something) "no mask could conceal his ignorance"; "they moved in under a mask of friendship"
- S: (n) masquerade, masquerade party, masque, mask (a party of guests wearing costumes and masks)
- S: (n) mask (a protective covering worn over the face)
- S: (v) dissemble, cloak, mask (hide under a false appearance) "He masked his disappointment"
- S: (v) mask (put a mask on or cover with a mask) "Mask the children for Halloween"
- S: (v) disguise, mask (make unrecognizable) "The herb masks the garlic taste"; "We disguised our faces before robbing the bank"
- S: (v) mask (cover with a sauce) "mask the meat"
- S: (v) mask, block out (shield from light)