Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) manipulate, pull strings, pull wires (influence or control shrewdly or deviously) "He manipulated public opinion in his favor"
- S: (v) manipulate (hold something in one's hands and move it)
- S: (v) fudge, manipulate, fake, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent (tamper, with the purpose of deception) "Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
- S: (v) rig, manipulate (manipulate in a fraudulent manner) "rig prices"
- S: (v) manipulate, keep in line, control (maintain influence over (others or oneself) skillfully, usually to one's advantage) "She manipulates her boss"; "She is a very controlling mother and doesn't let her children grow up"; "The teacher knew how to keep the class in line"; "she keeps in line"
- S: (v) manipulate (treat manually, as with massage, for therapeutic purposed)