Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) lowering (the act of causing to become less)
- S: (n) lowering, letting down (the act of causing something to move to a lower level)
- S: (v) lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down (move something or somebody to a lower position) "take down the vase from the shelf"
- S: (v) lower, lour (set lower) "lower a rating"; "lower expectations"
- S: (v) turn down, lower, lour (make lower or quieter) "turn down the volume of a radio"
- S: (v) lower, depress (cause to drop or sink) "The lack of rain had depressed the water level in the reservoir"
- S: (v) frown, glower, lour, lower (look angry or sullen, wrinkle one's forehead, as if to signal disapproval)