Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) diarrhea, diarrhoea, looseness of the bowels, looseness (frequent and watery bowel movements; can be a symptom of infection or food poisoning or colitis or a gastrointestinal tumor)
- S: (n) looseness (freedom from restraint) "the flexibility and looseness of the materials from which mythology is made"
- S: (n) looseness (a lack of strict accuracy; laxity of practice) "misunderstandings can often be traced to a looseness of expression"
- S: (n) looseness (the quality of movability by virtue of being free from attachment or other restraints)
- S: (n) looseness, play (movement or space for movement) "there was too much play in the steering wheel"
- S: (n) profligacy, dissipation, dissolution, licentiousness, looseness (dissolute indulgence in sensual pleasure)