Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) linger (remain present although waning or gradually dying) "Her perfume lingered on"
- S: (v) loiter, lounge, footle, lollygag, loaf, lallygag, hang around, mess about, tarry, linger, lurk, mill about, mill around (be about) "The high school students like to loiter in the Central Square"; "Who is this man that is hanging around the department?"
- S: (v) tarry, linger (leave slowly and hesitantly)
- S: (v) linger, dawdle (take one's time; proceed slowly)
- S: (v) hover, linger (move to and fro) "The shy student lingered in the corner"