Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) calcium hydroxide, lime, slaked lime, hydrated lime, calcium hydrate, caustic lime, lime hydrate (a caustic substance produced by heating limestone)
- S: (n) calcium oxide, quicklime, lime, calx, calcined lime, fluxing lime, unslaked lime, burnt lime (a white crystalline oxide used in the production of calcium hydroxide)
- S: (n) birdlime, lime (a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds)
- S: (n) lime, lime tree, Citrus aurantifolia (any of various related trees bearing limes)
- S: (n) linden, linden tree, basswood, lime, lime tree (any of various deciduous trees of the genus Tilia with heart-shaped leaves and drooping cymose clusters of yellowish often fragrant flowers; several yield valuable timber)
- S: (n) lime (the green acidic fruit of any of various lime trees)
- S: (v) birdlime, lime (spread birdlime on branches to catch birds)
- S: (v) lime (cover with lime so as to induce growth) "lime the lawn"