Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) limb (one of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping: arm; leg; wing; flipper)
- S: (n) limb, tree branch (any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree)
- S: (n) limb ((astronomy) the circumferential edge of the apparent disc of the sun or the moon or a planet)
- S: (n) limb (either of the two halves of a bow from handle to tip) "the upper limb of the bow"
- S: (n) limb (the graduated arc that is attached to an instrument for measuring angles) "the limb of the sextant"
- S: (n) arm, branch, limb (any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm) "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"