Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adv) lightly (without good reason) "one cannot say such things lightly"
- S: (adv) lightly, light (with few burdens) "experienced travellers travel light"
- S: (adv) lightly, softly, gently (with little weight or force) "she kissed him lightly on the forehead"
- S: (adv) lightly (indulging with temperance) "we eat lightly in the morning"
- S: (adv) lightly (with indifference or without dejection) "he took it lightly"
- S: (adv) thinly, lightly (in a small quantity or extent) "spread the margarine thinly over the meat"; "apply paint lightly"
- S: (adv) lightly (to a slight degree) "her speech is only lightly accented"