Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) life (a characteristic state or mode of living) "social life"; "city life"; "real life"
- S: (n) life, living (the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities) "he could no longer cope with the complexities of life"
- S: (n) life (the course of existence of an individual; the actions and events that occur in living) "he hoped for a new life in Australia"; "he wanted to live his own life without interference from others"; "get a life!" "he is trying to rebuild his life"
- S: (n) animation, life, living, aliveness (the condition of living or the state of being alive) "while there's life there's hope"; "life depends on many chemical and physical processes"
- S: (n) life, lifetime, life-time, lifespan (the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death)) "the battery had a short life"; "he lived a long and happy life"
- S: (n) life (the period between birth and the present time) "I have known him all his life"
- S: (n) life (the period from the present until death) "he appointed himself emperor for life"
- S: (n) life (a living person) "his heroism saved a life"
- S: (n) liveliness, life, spirit, sprightliness (animation and energy in action or expression) "it was a heavy play and the actors tried in vain to give life to it"
- S: (n) life (living things collectively) "the oceans are teeming with life"
- S: (n) life (the organic phenomenon that distinguishes living organisms from nonliving ones) "there is no life on the moon"
- S: (n) biography, life, life story, life history (an account of the series of events making up a person's life)
- S: (n) life (a motive for living) "pottery was his life"
- S: (n) life sentence, life (a prison term lasting as long as the prisoner lives) "he got life for killing the guard"