Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) soapsuds, suds, lather (the froth produced by soaps or detergents)
- S: (n) fret, stew, sweat, lather, swither (agitation resulting from active worry) "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
- S: (n) lather (a workman who puts up laths)
- S: (n) lather (the foam resulting from excessive sweating (as on a horse))
- S: (v) flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce (beat severely with a whip or rod) "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- S: (v) lather (form a lather) "The shaving cream lathered"
- S: (v) lather (exude sweat or lather) "this unfit horse lathers easily"
- S: (v) soap, lather (rub soap all over, usually with the purpose of cleaning)