Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) eyelash, lash, cilium (any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids)
- S: (n) lash, thong (leather strip that forms the flexible part of a whip)
- S: (n) whip, lash, whiplash (a quick blow delivered with a whip or whiplike object) "the whip raised a red welt"
- S: (v) flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce (beat severely with a whip or rod) "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- S: (v) lash (lash or flick about sharply) "The lion lashed its tail"
- S: (v) whip, lash (strike as if by whipping) "The curtain whipped her face"
- S: (v) lash (bind with a rope, chain, or cord) "lash the horse"