Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) large (a garment size for a large person)
- S: (adj) large, big (above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent) "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group of scientists"; "large areas of the world"
- S: (adj) large (fairly large or important in effect; influential) "played a large role in the negotiations"
- S: (adj) bombastic, declamatory, large, orotund, tumid, turgid (ostentatiously lofty in style) "a man given to large talk"; "tumid political prose"
- S: (adj) big, large, magnanimous (generous and understanding and tolerant) "a heart big enough to hold no grudges"; "that's very big of you to be so forgiving"; "a large and generous spirit"; "a large heart"; "magnanimous toward his enemies"
- S: (adj) big, large, prominent (conspicuous in position or importance) "a big figure in the movement"; "big man on campus"; "he's very large in financial circles"; "a prominent citizen"
- S: (adj) large (having broad power and range and scope) "taking the large view"; "a large effect"; "a large sympathy"
- S: (adj) big, enceinte, expectant, gravid, great, large, heavy, with child (in an advanced stage of pregnancy) "was big with child"; "was great with child"
- S: (adv) large (at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark))
- S: (adv) large (with the wind abaft the beam) "a ship sailing large"
- S: (adv) boastfully, vauntingly, big, large (in a boastful manner) "he talked big all evening"