Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) put, set, place, pose, position, lay (put into a certain place or abstract location) "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- S: (v) lay, put down, repose (put in a horizontal position) "lay the books on the table"; "lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
- S: (v) lay (prepare or position for action or operation) "lay a fire"; "lay the foundation for a new health care plan"
- S: (v) lay (lay eggs) "This hen doesn't lay"
- S: (v) lay (impose as a duty, burden, or punishment) "lay a responsibility on someone"
- S: (adj) laid, set (set down according to a plan) "a carefully laid table with places set for four people"; "stones laid in a pattern"