Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) lace, lacing (a cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment))
- S: (n) lace (a delicate decorative fabric woven in an open web of symmetrical patterns)
- S: (v) intertwine, twine, entwine, enlace, interlace, lace (spin, wind, or twist together) "intertwine the ribbons"; "Twine the threads into a rope"; "intertwined hearts"
- S: (v) braid, lace, plait (make by braiding or interlacing) "lace a tablecloth"
- S: (v) lace (do lacework) "The Flemish women were lacing in front of the cathedral"
- S: (v) lace, lace up (draw through eyes or holes) "lace the shoelaces"
- S: (v) spike, lace, fortify (add alcohol to (beverages)) "the punch is spiked!"