Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) neutralize, neutralise, liquidate, waste, knock off, do in (get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing) "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
- S: (v) shave, knock off (cut the price of)
- S: (v) hook, snitch, thieve, cop, knock off, glom (take by theft) "Someone snitched my wallet!"
- S: (v) dash off, scratch off, knock off, toss off, fling off (write quickly) "She dashed off a note to her husband saying she would not be home for supper"; "He scratched off a thank-you note to the hostess"
- S: (v) drop, knock off (stop pursuing or acting) "drop a lawsuit"; "knock it off!"