Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape (a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter) "he told a very funny joke"; "he knows a million gags"; "thanks for the laugh"; "he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest"; "even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
- S: (n) jest, joke, jocularity (activity characterized by good humor)
- S: (n) antic, joke, prank, trick, caper, put-on (a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement)
- S: (n) joke (a triviality not to be taken seriously) "I regarded his campaign for mayor as a joke"
- S: (v) joke, jest (tell a joke; speak humorously) "He often jokes even when he appears serious"
- S: (v) joke, jest (act in a funny or teasing way)