Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) joint, articulation, articulatio ((anatomy) the point of connection between two bones or elements of a skeleton (especially if it allows motion))
- S: (n) joint (a disreputable place of entertainment)
- S: (n) articulation, join, joint, juncture, junction (the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made)
- S: (n) roast, joint (a piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion)
- S: (n) joint (junction by which parts or objects are joined together)
- S: (n) joint, marijuana cigarette, reefer, stick, spliff (marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking)
- S: (v) joint (fit as if by joints) "The boards fit neatly"
- S: (v) joint, articulate (provide with a joint) "the carpenter jointed two pieces of wood"
- S: (v) joint (fasten with a joint)
- S: (v) joint (separate (meat) at the joint)
- S: (adj) joint (united or combined) "a joint session of Congress"; "joint owners"
- S: (adj) joint (affecting or involving two or more) "joint income-tax return"; "joint ownership"
- S: (adj) joint (involving both houses of a legislature) "a joint session of Congress"