Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) interrupt (a signal that temporarily stops the execution of a program so that another procedure can be carried out)
- S: (v) interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off (make a break in) "We interrupt the program for the following messages"
- S: (v) interrupt, disturb (destroy the peace or tranquility of) "Don't interrupt me when I'm reading"
- S: (v) interrupt, disrupt (interfere in someone else's activity) "Please don't interrupt me while I'm on the phone"
- S: (v) interrupt, break (terminate) "She interrupted her pregnancy"; "break a lucky streak"; "break the cycle of poverty"