Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) instrument (a device that requires skill for proper use)
- S: (n) instrument, tool (the means whereby some act is accomplished) "my greed was the instrument of my destruction"; "science has given us new tools to fight disease"
- S: (n) instrument, pawn, cat's-paw (a person used by another to gain an end)
- S: (n) legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument ((law) a document that states some contractual relationship or grants some right)
- S: (n) instrumental role, instrument (the semantic role of the entity (usually inanimate) that the agent uses to perform an action or start a process)
- S: (n) musical instrument, instrument (any of various devices or contrivances that can be used to produce musical tones or sounds)
- S: (v) instrument (equip with instruments for measuring, recording, or controlling)
- S: (v) instrument, instrumentate (write an instrumental score for)
- S: (v) instrument (address a legal document to)