Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) induct, invest, seat (place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position) "there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy"
- S: (v) initiate, induct (accept people into an exclusive society or group, usually with some rite) "African men are initiated when they reach puberty"
- S: (v) induct (admit as a member) "We were inducted into the honor society"
- S: (v) induce, induct (produce electric current by electrostatic or magnetic processes)
- S: (v) induct (introduce or initiate) "The young geisha was inducted into the ways of her profession"