Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) induce, bring on (cause to arise) "induce a crisis"
- S: (v) induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make (cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner) "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- S: (v) induce, stimulate, rush, hasten (cause to occur rapidly) "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
- S: (v) induce (reason or establish by induction)
- S: (v) induce, induct (produce electric current by electrostatic or magnetic processes)