Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) index (a numerical scale used to compare variables with one another or with some reference number)
- S: (n) index, index number, indicant, indicator (a number or ratio (a value on a scale of measurement) derived from a series of observed facts; can reveal relative changes as a function of time)
- S: (n) exponent, power, index (a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself)
- S: (n) index (an alphabetical listing of names and topics along with page numbers where they are discussed)
- S: (n) index, index finger, forefinger (the finger next to the thumb)
- S: (v) index (list in an index)
- S: (v) index (provide with an index) "index the book"
- S: (v) index (adjust through indexation) "The government indexes wages and prices"