Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) inclination, disposition, tendency (an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others) "he had an inclination to give up too easily"; "a tendency to be too strict"
- S: (n) inclination, inclination of an orbit ((astronomy) the angle between the plane of the orbit and the plane of the ecliptic stated in degrees)
- S: (n) inclination, angle of inclination ((geometry) the angle formed by the x-axis and a given line (measured counterclockwise from the positive half of the x-axis))
- S: (n) dip, angle of dip, magnetic dip, magnetic inclination, inclination ((physics) the angle that a magnetic needle makes with the plane of the horizon)
- S: (n) inclination (that toward which you are inclined to feel a liking) "her inclination is for classical music"
- S: (n) tilt, list, inclination, lean, leaning (the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical) "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
- S: (n) tendency, inclination (a characteristic likelihood of or natural disposition toward a certain condition or character or effect) "the alkaline inclination of the local waters"; "fabric with a tendency to shrink"
- S: (n) inclination, inclining (the act of inclining; bending forward) "an inclination of his head indicated his agreement"