Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) urge, impulse (an instinctive motive) "profound religious impulses"
- S: (n) caprice, impulse, whim (a sudden desire) "he bought it on an impulse"
- S: (n) nerve impulse, nervous impulse, neural impulse, impulse (the electrical discharge that travels along a nerve fiber) "they demonstrated the transmission of impulses from the cortex to the hypothalamus"
- S: (n) pulsation, pulsing, pulse, impulse ((electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients)) "the pulsations seemed to be coming from a star"
- S: (n) impulse, impulsion, impetus (the act of applying force suddenly) "the impulse knocked him over"
- S: (n) momentum, impulse (an impelling force or strength) "the car's momentum carried it off the road"