Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) identify, place (recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something) "She identified the man on the `wanted' poster"
- S: (v) name, identify (give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property) "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
- S: (v) identify (consider (oneself) as similar to somebody else) "He identified with the refugees"
- S: (v) identify (conceive of as united or associated) "Sex activity is closely identified with the hypothalamus"
- S: (v) identify, discover, key, key out, distinguish, describe, name (identify as in botany or biology, for example)
- S: (v) identify (consider to be equal or the same) "He identified his brother as one of the fugitives"