Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) face, human face (the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear) "he washed his face"; "I wish I had seen the look on his face when he got the news"
- direct hyponym / full hyponym
- part meronym
- S: (n) beard, face fungus, whiskers (the hair growing on the lower part of a man's face)
- S: (n) mouth (the externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face and the system of organs surrounding the opening) "she wiped lipstick from her mouth"
- S: (n) eye, oculus, optic (the organ of sight)
- S: (n) eyebrow, brow, supercilium (the arch of hair above each eye)
- S: (n) facial vein, vena facialis (any of several veins draining the face)
- S: (n) facial, facial nerve, nervus facialis, seventh cranial nerve (cranial nerve that supplies facial muscles)
- S: (n) nose, olfactory organ (the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals) "he has a cold in the nose"
- S: (n) chin, mentum (the protruding part of the lower jaw)
- S: (n) feature, lineament (the characteristic parts of a person's face: eyes and nose and mouth and chin) "an expression of pleasure crossed his features"; "his lineaments were very regular"
- S: (n) facial muscle (any of the skeletal muscles of the face)
- S: (n) brow, forehead (the part of the face above the eyes)
- S: (n) cheek (either side of the face below the eyes)
- S: (n) jowl (a fullness and looseness of the flesh of the lower cheek and jaw (characteristic of aging))
- S: (n) jaw (the bones of the skull that frame the mouth and serve to open it; the bones that hold the teeth)
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- part holonym
- derivationally related form