Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hood, hoodlum, goon, punk, thug, tough, toughie, strong-armer (an aggressive and violent young criminal)
- S: (n) hood, cap (a protective covering that is part of a plant)
- S: (n) hood ((slang) a neighborhood)
- S: (n) hood, lens hood (a tubular attachment used to keep stray light out of the lens of a camera)
- S: (n) hood ((falconry) a leather covering for a hawk's head)
- S: (n) hood, exhaust hood (metal covering leading to a vent that exhausts smoke or fumes)
- S: (n) hood (the folding roof of a carriage)
- S: (n) hood (a headdress that protects the head and face)
- S: (n) hood, bonnet, cowl, cowling (protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine) "there are powerful engines under the hoods of new cars"; "the mechanic removed the cowling in order to repair the plane's engine"
- S: (n) hood ((zoology) an expandable part or marking that resembles a hood on the head or neck of an animal)
- S: (v) hood (cover with a hood) "The bandits were hooded"