Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hole (an opening into or through something)
- S: (n) hole (an opening deliberately made in or through something)
- S: (n) hole, golf hole (one playing period (from tee to green) on a golf course) "he played 18 holes"
- S: (n) hole (an unoccupied space)
- S: (n) hole, hollow (a depression hollowed out of solid matter)
- S: (n) hole (a fault) "he shot holes in my argument"
- S: (n) fix, hole, jam, mess, muddle, pickle, kettle of fish (informal terms for a difficult situation) "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
- S: (n) trap, cakehole, hole, maw, yap, gob (informal terms for the mouth)