Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) exsert, stretch out, put out, extend, hold out, stretch forth (thrust or extend out) "He held out his hand"; "point a finger"; "extend a hand"; "the bee exserted its sting"
- S: (v) resist, hold out, withstand, stand firm (stand up or offer resistance to somebody or something)
- S: (v) wear, hold out, endure (last and be usable) "This dress wore well for almost ten years"
- S: (v) hold out (wait uncompromisingly for something desirable) "He held out for the dessert and did not touch the cheeses"
- S: (v) survive, last, live, live on, go, endure, hold up, hold out (continue to live and avoid dying) "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?" "One crash victim died, the other lived"