Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) grasp, hold on (hold firmly)
- S: (v) hold on, stop (stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments) "Hold on a moment!"
- S: (v) persevere, persist, hang in, hang on, hold on (be persistent, refuse to stop) "he persisted to call me every night"; "The child persisted and kept asking questions"
- S: (v) hang on, hold the line, hold on (hold the phone line open) "Please hang on while I get your folder"
- S: (v) keep, hold on (retain possession of) "Can I keep my old stuffed animals?"; "She kept her maiden name after she married"