Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) histaminase (enzyme that acts as a catalyst in converting histidine to histamine)
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (n) enzyme (any of several complex proteins that are produced by cells and act as catalysts in specific biochemical reactions)
- S: (n) protein (any of a large group of nitrogenous organic compounds that are essential constituents of living cells; consist of polymers of amino acids; essential in the diet of animals for growth and for repair of tissues; can be obtained from meat and eggs and milk and legumes) "a diet high in protein"
- S: (n) catalyst, accelerator ((chemistry) a substance that initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected)
- S: (n) activator ((biology) any agency bringing about activation; a molecule that increases the activity of an enzyme or a protein that increases the production of a gene product in DNA transcription)