Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) heading, header, head (a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about) "the heading seemed to have little to do with the text"
- S: (n) header, lintel (horizontal beam used as a finishing piece over a door or window)
- S: (n) header, coping, cope (brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall)
- S: (n) header (a framing member crossing and supporting the ends of joists, studs, or rafters so as to transfer their weight to parallel joists, studs, or rafters)
- S: (n) header (a machine that cuts the heads off grain and moves them into a wagon)
- S: (n) header ((soccer) the act of hitting the ball with your head)
- S: (n) header (a headlong jump (or fall)) "he took a header into the shrubbery"