Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hazard, jeopardy, peril, risk, endangerment (a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune) "drinking alcohol is a health hazard"
- S: (n) luck, fortune, chance, hazard (an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another) "bad luck caused his downfall"; "we ran into each other by pure chance"
- S: (n) hazard (an obstacle on a golf course)
- S: (v) guess, venture, pretend, hazard (put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation) "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
- S: (v) venture, hazard, adventure, stake, jeopardize (put at risk) "I will stake my good reputation for this"
- S: (v) gamble, chance, risk, hazard, take chances, adventure, run a risk, take a chance (take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome) "When you buy these stocks you are gambling"