Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) have, have got, hold (have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense) "She has $1,000 in the bank"; "He has got two beautiful daughters"; "She holds a Master's degree from Harvard"
- S: (v) have, feature (have as a feature) "This restaurant features the most famous chefs in France"
- S: (v) experience, receive, have, get (go through (mental or physical states or experiences)) "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
- S: (v) own, have, possess (have ownership or possession of) "He owns three houses in Florida"; "How many cars does she have?"
- S: (v) get, let, have (cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition) "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- S: (v) consume, ingest, take in, take, have (serve oneself to, or consume regularly) "Have another bowl of chicken soup!"; "I don't take sugar in my coffee"
- S: (v) have (have a personal or business relationship with someone) "have a postdoc"; "have an assistant"; "have a lover"
- S: (v) hold, throw, have, make, give (organize or be responsible for) "hold a reception"; "have, throw, or make a party"; "give a course"
- S: (v) have (have left) "I have two years left"; "I don't have any money left"; "They have two more years before they retire"
- S: (v) have (be confronted with) "What do we have here?"; "Now we have a fine mess"
- S: (v) have, experience (undergo) "The stocks had a fast run-up"
- S: (v) have (suffer from; be ill with) "She has arthritis"
- S: (v) induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make (cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner) "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- S: (v) accept, take, have (receive willingly something given or offered) "The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter"; "I won't have this dog in my house!"; "Please accept my present"
- S: (v) receive, have (get something; come into possession of) "receive payment"; "receive a gift"; "receive letters from the front"
- S: (v) suffer, sustain, have, get (undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)) "She suffered a fracture in the accident"; "He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"; "She got a bruise on her leg"; "He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
- S: (v) have, get, make (achieve a point or goal) "Nicklaus had a 70"; "The Brazilian team got 4 goals"; "She made 29 points that day"
- S: (v) give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have (cause to be born) "My wife had twins yesterday!"
- S: (v) take, have (have sex with; archaic use) "He had taken this woman when she was most vulnerable"