Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Hardy, Oliver Hardy (United States slapstick comedian who played the pompous and overbearing member of the Laurel and Hardy duo who made many films (1892-1957))
- S: (n) Hardy, Thomas Hardy (English novelist and poet (1840-1928))
- S: (adj) hardy, stalwart, stout, sturdy (having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships) "hardy explorers of northern Canada"; "proud of her tall stalwart son"; "stout seamen"; "sturdy young athletes"
- S: (adj) hardy (able to survive under unfavorable weather conditions) "strawberries are hardy and easy to grow"; "camels are tough and hardy creatures"
- S: (adj) audacious, brave, dauntless, fearless, hardy, intrepid, unfearing (invulnerable to fear or intimidation) "audacious explorers"; "fearless reporters and photographers"; "intrepid pioneers"