Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) bent, knack, hang (a special way of doing something) "he had a bent for it"; "he had a special knack for getting into trouble"; "he couldn't get the hang of it"
- S: (n) hang (the way a garment hangs) "he adjusted the hang of his coat"
- S: (n) hang (a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the gymnast's weight is supported by the arms)
- S: (v) hang (be suspended or hanging) "The flag hung on the wall"
- S: (v) hang, hang up (cause to be hanging or suspended) "Hang that picture on the wall"
- S: (v) hang, string up (kill by hanging) "The murderer was hanged on Friday"
- S: (v) hang (let drop or droop) "Hang one's head in shame"
- S: (v) hang, fall, flow (fall or flow in a certain way) "This dress hangs well"; "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
- S: (v) hang (be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive) "This worry hangs on my mind"; "The cloud of suspicion hangs over her"
- S: (v) attend, hang, advert, pay heed, give ear (give heed (to)) "The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"; "She hung on his every word"; "They attended to everything he said"
- S: (v) hang (be suspended or poised) "Heavy fog hung over the valley"
- S: (v) cling, hang (hold on tightly or tenaciously) "hang on to your father's hands"; "The child clung to his mother's apron"
- S: (v) hang (be exhibited) "Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum"
- S: (v) hang (prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury)
- S: (v) hang (decorate or furnish with something suspended) "Hang wallpaper"
- S: (v) hang (be placed in position as by a hinge) "This cabinet door doesn't hang right!"
- S: (v) hang (place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction) "hang a door"
- S: (v) hang (suspend (meat) in order to get a gamey taste) "hang the venison for a few days"