Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hail (precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents)
- S: (n) hail (many objects thrown forcefully through the air) "a hail of pebbles"; "a hail of bullets"
- S: (n) hail (enthusiastic greeting)
- S: (v) acclaim, hail, herald (praise vociferously) "The critics hailed the young pianist as a new Rubinstein"
- S: (v) hail, come (be a native of) "She hails from Kalamazoo"
- S: (v) hail (call for) "hail a cab"
- S: (v) hail, herald (greet enthusiastically or joyfully)
- S: (v) hail (precipitate as small ice particles) "It hailed for an hour"