Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) guy, cat, hombre, bozo, sod (an informal term for a youth or man) "a nice guy"; "the guy's only doing it for some doll"; "the poor sod couldn't even buy a drink"
- S: (n) Guy (an effigy of Guy Fawkes that is burned on a bonfire on Guy Fawkes Day)
- S: (n) guy, guy cable, guy wire, guy rope (a cable, wire, or rope that is used to brace something (especially a tent))
- S: (v) ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun (subject to laughter or ridicule) "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
- S: (v) guy (steady or support with a guy wire or cable) "The Italians guyed the Tower of Pisa to prevent it from collapsing"