Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) gutter, trough (a channel along the eaves or on the roof; collects and carries away rainwater)
- S: (n) gutter, sewer, toilet (misfortune resulting in lost effort or money) "his career was in the gutter"; "all that work went down the sewer"; "pensions are in the toilet"
- S: (n) gutter (a worker who guts things (fish or buildings or cars etc.))
- S: (n) gutter (a tool for gutting fish)
- S: (v) gutter (burn unsteadily, feebly, or low; flicker) "The cooling lava continued to gutter toward lower ground"
- S: (v) gutter (flow in small streams) "Tears guttered down her face"
- S: (v) gutter (wear or cut gutters into) "The heavy rain guttered the soil"
- S: (v) gutter (provide with gutters) "gutter the buildings"