Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) chewing gum, gum (a preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing)
- S: (n) gingiva, gum (the tissue (covered by mucous membrane) of the jaws that surrounds the bases of the teeth)
- S: (n) gum (any of various substances (soluble in water) that exude from certain plants; they are gelatinous when moist but harden on drying)
- S: (n) glue, gum, mucilage (cement consisting of a sticky substance that is used as an adhesive)
- S: (n) gumwood, gum (wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum)
- S: (n) gum tree, gum (any of various trees of the genera Eucalyptus or Liquidambar or Nyssa that are sources of gum)
- S: (v) gum (cover, fill, fix or smear with or as if with gum) "if you gum the tape it is stronger"
- S: (v) mumble, gum (grind with the gums; chew without teeth and with great difficulty) "the old man had no teeth left and mumbled his food"
- S: (v) gum (become sticky)
- S: (v) gum (exude or form gum) "these trees gum in the Spring"