Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) grouch, grumble, scold (show one's unhappiness or critical attitude) "He scolded about anything that he thought was wrong"; "We grumbled about the increased work load"
- S: (v) murmur, mutter, grumble, croak, gnarl (make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath) "she grumbles when she feels overworked"
- S: (v) grumble, growl, rumble (to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds) "he grumbled a rude response"; "Stones grumbled down the cliff"
- S: (v) rumble, grumble (make a low noise) "rumbling thunder"
- S: (adj) grumbling, rumbling (continuous full and low-pitched throbbing sound) "the rumbling rolling sound of thunder"