Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) grinding (material resulting from the process of grinding) "vegetable grindings clogged the drain"
- S: (n) grinding (a harsh and strident sound (as of the grinding of gears))
- S: (n) grinding, abrasion, attrition, detrition (the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice)
- S: (v) crunch, cranch, craunch, grind (press or grind with a crushing noise)
- S: (v) grate, grind (make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together) "grate one's teeth in anger"
- S: (v) labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil (work hard) "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- S: (v) grind (dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced)
- S: (v) grind, mash, crunch, bray, comminute (reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading) "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
- S: (v) grind (created by grinding) "grind designs into the glass bowl"
- S: (v) grind (shape or form by grinding) "grind lenses for glasses and cameras"